Document type: DU Image
Collection: Beck Archives Photograph Collection  
 
Title Exterior of Hebrew Education Alliance
Collection Title Beck Archives Photograph Collection, Religious Life
Date Created circa 1978
Creator(s) McNamara, Charles
Description The Hebrew Educational Alliance's original building at West Colfax and Meade Street. It was founded in 1932 and became the largest congregation on Denver's west side. The Hebrew Educational Alliance was created as a result of the "alliance" between the Beth David Hebrew School Sisterhood and Brotherhood, and the Denver Hebrew Institute. On October 25, 1932, Rabbi Manuel Laderman arrived in Denver to serve as the first Rabbi of the Hebrew Educational Alliance. The combined synagogue and Hebrew School was organized along Orthodox lines. When the Alliance moved into another building, the original building became the Golden West Nursing Home.
Subject - Topic Jewish religious schools
Orthodox Judaism
Subject - Personal Name Laderman, Manuel
Subject - Corporate Name Hebrew Educational Alliance (Denver, Colo.)
Subject - Genre Exterior views
Subject - Geographic Colorado
Denver (Colo.)
West Colfax (Denver, Colo.)
Current ID B063.06.0014.00004
Legacy ID 222
Publisher University of Denver
Place of publication Denver, Colorado
Type of Resource still image
Form Photographic prints
Extent 1 item, (photograph), 5 x 7 inches, black and white
Rights Statement Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Handle http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:57332
 
Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
B063.06.0014.00004.tif   master image/tiff 6.09MB 0
B063.06.0014.00004_access.jpg   access image/jpeg 172.85KB 0

 
 
User Comments
 
Access Statistics: 0 Abstract Views, 0 File Downloads Detailed Statistics
Created: Wed, 17 Nov 2010, 17:56:09 UTC Detailed History
Preview (click the image for a larger/higher quality version)
Datastream Preview