Document type: DU Image
Collection: Beck Archives Photograph Collection  
 
Title Exterior View of Congregation Zera Abraham
Collection Title Beck Archives Photograph Collection, Religious Life
Date Created circa 1979
Creator(s) McNamara, Charles
Description Congregation Zera Abraham was originally organized as a Chassidic Orthodox Jewish congregation in 1877, making it the oldest congregation on the west side of Denver, Colorado. The building shown here at Julian Street and West Conejos Place was the congregation's second home. It was purchased in 1938 from the Workmen's Circle, which originally erected the building as the Labor Lyceum, an educational center. The congregation moved to its third location on Winona Court.
Subject - Topic Synagogues
Hasidim
Orthodox Judaism
Subject - Corporate Name Congregation Zera Abraham (Denver, Colo.)
Labor Lyceum (Denver, Colo.)
Subject - Genre Exterior views
Photographs
Subject - Geographic Colorado
Denver (Colo.)
West Colfax (Denver, Colo.)
Current ID B063.06.0014.00003
Legacy ID 475
Publisher University of Denver
Place of publication Denver, Colorado
Type of Resource still image
Form Photographic prints
Extent 1 item, (photograph), 5 x 7 inches, black and white
Rights Statement Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
Handle http://hdl.handle.net/10176/codu:57318
 
Attached Files
Name Description MIMEType Size Downloads
B063.06.0014.00003.tif   master image/tiff 10.16MB 0
B063.06.0014.00003_access.jpg   access image/jpeg 161.25KB 0

 
 
User Comments
 
Access Statistics: 0 Abstract Views, 0 File Downloads Detailed Statistics
Created: Wed, 17 Nov 2010, 17:43:53 UTC Detailed History
Preview (click the image for a larger/higher quality version)
Datastream Preview